Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Digital Book Review GBSMM - Social Media Mastery

Excuse me while I stray a bit from the topic of all things Mama. I am currently enrolled in an online course  - Social Media Marketing at George Brown College. What can I say... Maternity leave has left me doing a complete 180. I founded The Mamalicious Mamas, run their Meetup board and maintain a Twitter account and Facebook presence online. In the meantime I had discovered that businesses actually hire individuals to manage their social media engagement. #awesomeness!

So voila! I am now working on obtaining a certificate in Social Media.

My current project is a Digital Book Review on my reading choice Social Media Mastery (A Daily Actions Guide): 75 Daily Challenges to Help you Expand your Reach, Build your Platform, and Establish your Online Authority.


I chose this book because I learn well through practice vs theory. The author Dr. Tara Ross applies 75 daily challenges to "help you expand your reach, build your platform, and establish your online authority". Some of the areas that I've expanded my knowledge:
- integrating social media accounts
- embedding content
- interacting with groups.

 Tara Ross' daily challenge format assists you to take small, actionable steps that will help toward developing social media mastery.

I took in my first Kindle purchase on my smart phone and tablet.  On my half hour lunch at work I was able to read, absorb and on occasion - quickly complete a challenge.  On Fridays I would go on Twitter, retweet and #FF (Follow Friday).  I registered on Scoop.it and was able to update my Facebook page with relevant information.  My Pinterest account became a business account and I learned how to Instagram.

(Notice that I bolded those platforms?  They link to my accounts.  Some would call this a shameless plug... I like to refer to this as "Pushing my Content". A technique learned in this book)

I took a moment to thank Tara Ross on Twitter, and she replied!!


Wondering which type of social media platforms to use, how to engage with others, advice and links for how-to's?  Social Media Mastery (A daily Actions Guide) is definitely the book to read.  I would recommend it for anyone who is already at ease with any of the social networks discussed in this book.

I created a Tag Cloud highlighting key elements taught within this book.


Please visit me on Pinterest and view my  Pin Board on titled: Social Media Mastery - Digital Report GBSMM.  It contains links and images that support the information I've learned reading this book.  Take a look and let me know what you think.  I was definitely able to better grasp the ideas and findings of Dr. Tara Ross as I read and pinned the links to my board.


I found the book Social Media Mastery to be both relevant and timely.  Not only was it published this year in January, it also referred to the most current platforms.  

So have you read this book?  I would love to know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment